Power Steering System
For Superformance Mk III
The KP Racing Components Power Steering System was developed by Kyriacos
Panayiotou, owner of SP 827.
Order directly from KP Racing Components.
617 E Ridgefield Dr
Boise, ID 83706-6434
With its quicker ratio and
power assist, the KP Racing steering ratio is perfect for track events,
autocross, and easy cruising. It's similar to the units in the GT racers and
the Saleen S7. The rack and pinion assembly is manufactured by Woodward
Precision Steering and is a special version on the power rack in the S7. It
has been tested in Autocross, Track Events and Hill Climbs.
It is very simple to install.
It requires no modifications to your existing chassis. You simply drive or
trailer your car to a certified welding shop (TIG welding) and weld on the
small chassis brackets that are provided with the kit.
It's estimated that no more
than one hour of labor for the welding of the chassis brackets will be
required. The original steering rack can then be connected to the original
position and drive home. All other items are bolt-on and it can easily be
installed with a minimal amount of time.
The kit comes complete with
• Power steering rack
• Servo specifically tuned for the Superformance Mk III
• Specifically tuned torsion bars to accommodate the
• Main and intermediate steering column shafts
manufactured from chromoly 4130 tubing, which
provides great weight reduction.
• All racing quality u-joints
• Racing pump designed for the correct flow
• All hoses and fittings for plumbing
• Billet aluminum pump bracket with machined
aluminum spacers to line up with a double crank
pulley. The part number for double crank pulley is
provided in case you do not already have one.
• Steering tie rods specifically machined for the
• High angularity rod ends
• Billet aluminum rack brackets
• Chassis brackets
• Racing fluid reservoir with baffles and bracket to
attach to the chassis
• Complete illustrated installation documentation
Pump and Reservoir